Learning at home
There is extensive evidence and research which supports the theory that completing additional work and activities at home benefits children in making better progress.
At Woodpecker we believe that home learning: -
- is an enjoyable and interesting experience for all involved,
- contributes significantly to a child’s progress,
- is an excellent opportunity for parents to become more familiar with their child’s learning
- allows children to receive extra adult support
- enhances children's learning through consolidating and extending the work they have done in school
- is a valuable life skill and develops good work habits for secondary school and future employment
- is be consistent across all classes in a year group and has consistent elements across the school
- is pitched at the right level for the child’s attainment
- is manageable for busy family lifestyles
Routines for home learning
Weekly home Learning is set on a Friday and must be completed by the Tuesday of the next week.
Home learning is not sent home during the school holidays, however, children can use our online learning platform to access self-learning games.
Please see the full home learning policy here.
At Woodpecker we use Google Classroom is a powerful digital platform that transforms the way we learn and teach.
It's a virtual classroom where our pupils from Year 1-6 can access work from home.