Ofsted report praises Woodpecker Hall Academy
We are delighted to be able to share with you the findings of a very positive report from Ofsted. After our inspection on 26 September 2017 we have received another ‘Good’ school rating from them.
This is an extremely encouraging verdict on our wonderful school and the teaching team and an endorsement of all the excellent work that happens at Woodpecker Hall Academy on a daily basis.
Highlights from the report:
- Ofsted praised the work done by the school’s senior leadership team to “raise the quality of teaching” and “develop a thriving…school community” and acknowledged the development of a “broad and balanced curriculum.”
- The inspector has recognised the work done by the school to improve writing, embed challenge in every lesson, promote a love of reading and mathematics and improve handwriting skills.
- Ofsted recognised the “distinctive” character of our school and that the parents who spoke to the inspector on the day of our inspection reported that our school “has the feel of a close and supportive family.”
- Our safeguarding procedures are judged effective and “pupils say they feel safe.”
- The improvement in attendance was noted.
The school has also “identified the right areas for further improvement.”
We were especially pleased to see that Ofsted said “Pupils and parents speak of the school with pride.”
We want to be the best possible school that we can be and we must always be looking to see how we can improve. The inspector’s recommended next steps for the school, already identified by us, will now be our priorities for further progress.